The Sanderson FF427CS header fits Ford big block FE engines in 1953-Up Ford F-series pickups. The FF427CS offers excellent clearance around the engine and chassis components, plus 1-3/4″ primary tubes and a 3″ collector for big power gains.
Comes with all hardware necessary for installation.
There are a very small number of applications (always Camper Special, but not every Camper Special) that may have driver side clearance issues at the steering box. “If” the standard FF427 driver side header cannot be installed, we recommend using this header set which utilizes a different driver side header. Please review the Camper Special tab for more information.
Engine : Big Block Ford FE (332-428)
Primary Tube Diameter : 1¾”
Collector Diameter : 3″
Weight : 20 LBS / 9.07 KGS
- 16-Gauge Primary and Collector Tube Thickness
- 3/8″ Thick Flange
- Patented Flange Design Requires NO Gaskets
- Tightest Fitting Header Available Anywhere!
- Made in the USA
- Header Bolt Set
- Collector Reducer Set
Sanderson’s Ceramic Coating is recommended for every vehicle application and is the default finish selection choice above. To meet high standards of quality, Sanderson applies a multi-layer inside and outside aluminized ceramic coating in-house and then polishes the coating to a high luster. This aerospace and military-grade technology adds excellent protection to your headers, while offering the benefit of thermal control in your engine bay. It also improves cylinder scavenging of exhaust gases, and increases the longevity of your header investment.
When sitting in driver’s seat and engine in front of you, the LEFT header would be the Driver’s Side on LH drive vehicles; coincidentally, means the RIGHT header is on the passenger side. See the detail image above left that describes engine sides.
NOTE: Image graphic is generic and not exact representation of product.
|Weight (Lbs / Kg)
||20 / 9.07
We offer a variation of the FF427 header set (part #FF427CS) for “specific” Ford Camper Special F-Series pickups using the Ford FE (332-428) engine.
The FF427CS combines the standard FF427 passenger side header with the FF393 driver side header to compensate for the narrow frame rails and larger steering gear that appears on “some” Camper Special trucks.
- The designation “Camper Special” does not mandate the use of the FF427CS header set
- All Camper Special trucks are not the same
- Not all Camper Special trucks require the FF427CS header set. In most instances the standard FF427 fits perfectly
- The need for the FF427CS header set is not consistent across model years or the “Camper Special” designation
- If the truck uses a much larger Bendix steering gear, the FF427CS is the correct choice
Limited 5 Year General Warranty
Sanderson Street Rod Headers strives to supply our customers with the highest quality parts and service available in the street rod industry. In keeping with this, we warrant and will repair or replace, at our option after inspection in our facility, any of our products which are found by us to have failed due to defects in either material or workmanship. This warranty is activated by the return of the Warranty Card enclosed with every pair of headers, and is effective for FIVE YEARS * from the date of purchase as indicated on the original invoice.
This Warranty does not cover products that fail due to improper motor tuning, alteration, disassembly, or damage caused by racing, misuse, neglect, abuse, improper installation and/or accident, or when used on applications for which they were not designed or approved. We are specifically not responsible for the costs of removal, installation, transportation, destruction of other components, inconvenience, loss of time, or other personal damages, or for any other associated costs including the application of aftermarket coatings applied by others. Sanderson Street Rod headers shall not be liable for any and all consequential damages occasioned by the breach of any written or implied warranty pertaining to this sale in excess of the purchase price of the product(s) as found on the original invoice.
WRAPPING HEADERS WITH THERMAL TAPE VOIDS WARRANTY.
* Extremely compact header designs which locate the collector in close proximity to the exhaust ports are very sensitive to engine tuning. Improper air/fuel mix or timing of ignition and/or valvetrain can cause early failure due to excessive heat. For this reason, part numbers CC2 and CC3 are offered with a two-year Warranty period only. All other Warranty conditions apply.