The Sanderson CADLF500 Limefire header offers the classic lakes style that looks just right on any fenderless rod whether you are building yours as a nostalgia design or ultra-modern. Image shown is generic small block Chevy Limefire.
- Turnout Tip, Finned Block-off Plate, and other adapters sold separately
- If the engine is modified from stock and/or making pretty good horsepower – Please consider adding PowerCaps to your order! (Review “Why Use PowerCaps” information tab.)
Engine : Cadillac V8 (425-472-500)
Primary Tube Diameter : 1-7/8″
Collector Diameter : 3½”
Weight : N/A
- 16-Gauge Primary and Collector Tube Thickness
- 3/8″ Thick Flange
- Patented Flange Design Requires NO Gaskets
- Tightest Fitting Header Available Anywhere!
- Made in the USA
- Header Bolts
- Standard Block-off Plate
Why Use PowerCaps?
For those looking at the Sanderson Lakes-style Limefire and Jayster outside chassis headers for their street rod, here is a tech tip that might save some grief, frustration, and possible damage to the headers!
You may already know that the Sanderson lakes-style headers are available with or without connections for an under chassis exhaust system. The ability to have a throaty open exhaust, or a quiet and capped lakes-style header using an under chassis system has been something Sanderson has offered since the original design.
We have found that on stock or mild street rod engines there is not much of an issue if following the normal installation instructions. However, on applications making decent horsepower it is possible to damage the header or header coating near the end of the collector where the under chassis adapter connection is located. The cause of this problem is the turbulence created by the limited distance of dead space just after the under chassis connection and the end cap on the header (when the header is capped and exhaust gasses are being routed through an under chassis exhaust system). The turbulence in this area causes the EGT’s (Exhaust Gas Temperatures) to rise dramatically, and in certain applications this could cause the temperatures to exceed the thermal capacity of the header coating—causing finish damage and discoloration. The problem only seems to occur on high power engines, and engines which are regularly operating at higher RPMs—for example, considerable highway driving on lower-geared vehicles.
The solution is relatively simple, but adds cost to the header purchase. Sanderson designed a component called the “PowerCap” to solve this issue. The PowerCap slides into the collector tube and provides a smooth redirection of exhaust gas flow from the collector tube into the under chassis exhaust tubing. The PowerCap bolts securely into your header using the end cap flange, thereby removing the turbulence area in the collector horn. Another benefit of using the PowerCaps is improved horsepower by improving air flow into the under chassis exhaust. Although the PowerCaps are recommended for higher horsepower applications, they also benefit all applications using the under chassis exhaust connection.
PowerCaps capture hidden horsepower on applications using under chassis exhaust connections. Under chassis adapters allow you to run a quieter under-chassis exhaust system, and adding the PowerCaps increases power and extends the life of your headers.
Exhaust Exit Options:
The default Limefire configuration consists of under chassis connection and a basic metal block plate. Other exit options are available.
The Limefire is offered without the under chassis connection and the option of a slip-in baffle insert. Tip options include a finned aluminum block plate or turnout tip. The turnout tip can be used with the standard block plate (using under chassis exhaust piping), or without, as the exhaust exit point.
NOTE: We recommend the use of PowerCaps on all Limefire headers connected to under chassis exhaust, but especially on those applications making decent horsepower.
- The Patented Leak-Free Design that Sanderson Headers offer you is the only leak-free flange design on the market … Do Not Attempt To Use Flange Gaskets! The raised flange on the Sanderson Headers will buckle the gasket during tightening and actually cause a leak! Click here for installation procedure.
- Sanderson Headers are NOT emissions legal on pollution-controlled motor vehicles. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to verify local regulations for compliance.
- Wrapping your Sanderson Headers with ANY thermal tape voids your header warranty. The best thermal protection for your headers is our Aluminized Ceramic Coating that is available for every Sanderson Header. Please read our tech article that thermal coatings and header wraps.
Limited 5 Year General Warranty
Sanderson Street Rod Headers strives to supply our customers with the highest quality parts and service available in the street rod industry. In keeping with this, we warrant and will repair or replace, at our option after inspection in our facility, any of our products which are found by us to have failed due to defects in either material or workmanship. This warranty is activated by the return of the Warranty Card enclosed with every pair of headers, and is effective for FIVE YEARS * from the date of purchase as indicated on the original invoice.
This Warranty does not cover products that fail due to improper motor tuning, alteration, disassembly, or damage caused by racing, misuse, neglect, abuse, improper installation and/or accident, or when used on applications for which they were not designed or approved. We are specifically not responsible for the costs of removal, installation, transportation, destruction of other components, inconvenience, loss of time, or other personal damages, or for any other associated costs including the application of aftermarket coatings applied by others. Sanderson Street Rod headers shall not be liable for any and all consequential damages occasioned by the breach of any written or implied warranty pertaining to this sale in excess of the purchase price of the product(s) as found on the original invoice.
WRAPPING HEADERS WITH THERMAL TAPE VOIDS WARRANTY.
* Extremely compact header designs which locate the collector in close proximity to the exhaust ports are very sensitive to engine tuning. Improper air/fuel mix or timing of ignition and/or valvetrain can cause early failure due to excessive heat. For this reason, part numbers CC2 and CC3 are offered with a two-year Warranty period only. All other Warranty conditions apply.