The World’s First All-Electronic Braking System. A revolutionary approach to exhaust braking, Banks patented new SpeedBrake does what no brake has done before. The world’s first all-electronic braking system, SpeedBrake achieves maximum braking power by intelligently modulating systems already found on the truck.
SpeedBrake manipulates the variable geometry turbine vanes in concert with deliberate gear selection and torque converter clutch application to deliver not just total hill-taming stopping power but also peace of mind. Hands (and feet) free, and totally automatic, SpeedBrake lets you set your desired downhill speed and it does all the rest.
More effective braking than is possible with a simple valve assembly. Operating modes On (Maximum braking: High, Med and Low strength settings). Speed Control (Maintains pre-selected target speed. Easy gauge based control). Displays vehicle speed, current braking effort (relating to vane position), trans temp, engine coolant temp and much more. OBDII scan tool capability (reads/interprets/clears codes). System Status Indicator with on-screen alerts (excessive coolant or trans temps, for example).
Easy, clean install (all-electronic design requires only a few simple underhood connections), no modifications to the exhaust system are needed. In testing, dramatically outperformed all competitive products in basic braking function (and nobody but Banks has anything like a Speed Control Mode!)
Please Note: The Banks SpeedBrake must be used with a Banks iDash 1.8 (included). If you do not want the Banks iDash 1.8, then check out our Banks Brake P/N 55499.
- World’s First All-Electronic Braking System
- Plug-n-play install
- No cutting or welding
- More effective braking than is possible with a simple valve assembly
- Cuts downhill speed up to 78 percent
- All automatic user selectable speed
- Includes Banks iDash 1.8 for speed control
- Emissions compliant: CARB EO D-161-91
- U.S. Patent Numbers: 6,652,414 B1 and 6,152,853
- Banks SpeedBrake with Banks iDash 1.8 Super Gauge for use with 2007-2010 Chevrolet/GMC 6.6L, LMM
- Availability: Replaces 55444 and 55487 SpeedBrake 2007-2010 Chevy 6.6L LMM