These are the real deal! Sanderson Zoomie headers feature their patented leak-free flange and include bolt-in baffles for street use. If the classic dragster look is desired, these headers provide the look, Sanderson quality, and powerful sound for your vehicle.
NOTE: Small Block Chevy image shown. The ZoomieSBM is a similar (nearly identical) design.
Engine : Small Block Chrysler (318-360 LA)
Primary Tube Diameter : 1-7/8″
- 16-Gauge Primary and Collector Tube Thickness
- 3/8″ Thick Flange
- Patented Flange Design Requires NO Gaskets
- Tightest Fitting Header Available Anywhere!
- Made in the USA
- Header Bolt Set
- Baffle Set (one for each tube)
Sanderson’s Ceramic Coating is recommended for every vehicle application and is the default finish selection choice above. To meet high standards of quality, Sanderson applies a multi-layer inside and outside aluminized ceramic coating in-house and then polishes the coating to a high luster. This aerospace and military-grade technology adds excellent protection to your headers, while offering the benefit of thermal control in your engine bay. It also improves cylinder scavenging of exhaust gases, and increases the longevity of your header investment.
Most Sanderson Zoomie headers are offered in two lengths, either a standard 16″ (40.64 cm) or longer 19″ (48.26 cm). It is relatively easy to determine the length needed for the application. To be clear, 99% of all applications will use the standard 16″ length. The longer 19″ version requires a much higher chassis or engine location to allow necessary ground clearance.
To provide a simple example, the header should not hang down below the bottom of the wheel. However, this will vary by the wheel and tire profile. In the graphic below, a low profile tire provides less ground clearance and therefore the bottom of the header should maintain a higher value from the ground.
Many like to have that scraping the ground look on their street rods. However, that sort of look is best suited for trailered show vehicles and not those expected to travel city streets that may include driveways, v-drains or dips, speed bumps, or other hazards that could damage the Zoomie header set.
Zoomie and Chopster Header Baffle Inserts:
Sanderson does NOT provide mounting holes for mounting the muffler baffle inserts due to possible liability issues. Safe installation and proper securing of the insert is the responsibility of the customer or installer.
Baffle Installation Procedure:
- First, make sure the inserts are the correct size for the application. Sanderson’s 1.875″ inserts are for small block engine applications, and the 2.250″ inserts are for big block engine applications.
- For NEW installations – Notice that one end of each Sanderson muffler insert is partly closed off with a welded washer.
- Insert the muffler into one of the pipes of the header with the partially closed-off end first. DO NOT FORCE. The insert should be snug, but not too tight.
- Use a tape measure to determine the depth of the insert from the end of the tube. Use that measurement to mark the bottom of the header tube. MEASURE THE INSERT DEPTH FOR EVERY TUBE.
- There are methods to secure the insert. Either drill a hole slightly in front of the insert and install a stove bolt and lock nut (or use red Loctite); or drill and tap directly into the baffle ring, using a properly sized bolt with a small amount of red Loctite on the bolt threads
- NOTE: Some customers have used sheet metal or self-drilling/tapping screws to hold the mufflers in place, but such screws tend to vibrate loose.
- When the mufflers are securely fitted in all eight pipes, the headers are ready to install on the engine.
- The Patented Leak-Free Design offered on all Sanderson Tube-Style Headers is the only leak-free flange design on the market … Do Not Attempt To Use Flange Gaskets! The raised flange on the Sanderson Headers will buckle the gasket during tightening and actually cause a leak! Please follow the installation instructions at this link.
- Sanderson Headers are NOT emissions legal on pollution-controlled motor vehicles. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to verify local and federal regulations for compliance.
- Wrapping Sanderson Headers with ANY thermal tape (heat wrap, header tape, header wrap) voids the header warranty – NO EXCEPTIONS! The best thermal protection for any header set is the application of a multi-layer, inside and out, Aluminized Ceramic Coating. Sanderson applies their coatings in-house, and is available for every Sanderson Header. For more information on why header wraps are a bad idea, please read this article.
Limited 5 Year General Warranty
Sanderson Street Rod Headers strives to supply our customers with the highest quality parts and service available in the street rod industry. In keeping with this, we warrant and will repair or replace, at our option after inspection in our facility, any of our products which are found by us to have failed due to defects in either material or workmanship. This warranty is activated by the return of the Warranty Card enclosed with every pair of headers, and is effective for FIVE YEARS * from the date of purchase as indicated on the original invoice.
This Warranty does not cover products that fail due to improper motor tuning, alteration, disassembly, or damage caused by racing, misuse, neglect, abuse, improper installation and/or accident, or when used on applications for which they were not designed or approved. We are specifically not responsible for the costs of removal, installation, transportation, destruction of other components, inconvenience, loss of time, or other personal damages, or for any other associated costs including the application of aftermarket coatings applied by others. Sanderson Street Rod headers shall not be liable for any and all consequential damages occasioned by the breach of any written or implied warranty pertaining to this sale in excess of the purchase price of the product(s) as found on the original invoice.
WRAPPING HEADERS WITH THERMAL TAPE VOIDS WARRANTY.
* Extremely compact header designs which locate the collector in close proximity to the exhaust ports are very sensitive to engine tuning. Improper air/fuel mix or timing of ignition and/or valvetrain can cause early failure due to excessive heat. For this reason, part numbers CC2 and CC3 are offered with a two-year Warranty period only. All other Warranty conditions apply.